Thursday, July 1, 2010

I AM IRON MAN

Yeah, that's right biatches. I am an iron man now. I can smell the jealousy through my key board. You want it. You know you do!

Anyway, back to poker. I wound up playing 25NL last night even though I was way to tired. Or, more correctly, because I was tired and I wanted to get my points quickly.
The kids were with my finace at Grandma's house shooting of fire works when I got home, so I spent some extra time digging. Got a lot done, but damn was I exhasted last night. When I finally to playing after Dom (baby) played an hours worth of pace daddy pace, I really just didn't give a crap. I wound up winning ten bucks in 350 hands, but I really don't think I played well. The session started off like crap, as my first hand that went past the flop was a disaster. Someone donked into me, so I raised it up with overs. They flat and then check a turned A (of course I have AQ), so I check it back with my A to open up their range. They pot the river and I snap it off. Oops. Apparently this fool donks with their sets. Then I lost a couple of pots isoing limpers who hit the part of their hand I wasn't dominating. The session actually turned around on a hand I am not sure of. I opened JJ UTG and faced a 3 bet squeeze from the BB, who had just under 80BB. I decided to flat IP, and they poted a 9 high flop. So I tank and think about it, deciding to call. Then they shove the turn and looking at the size of the pot I just couldn't fold the overpair to an unknown. Showed up with AK and suddenly I was in the posotive. Now that I have the information I like the play, as their are 16 combinations I beat and 18 combinations I don't, so overall once I get to the flop I should be calling down. I really think I should have folded pre-flop though with so little info. But hey, I get the notes and the money, so I won't be regretting the decision.

The only down side was taking notes. I really think to really crush rush you need to take solid notes. So, I spent the next 2 hours drinking beer and taking notes. I saw a lot of exploitahbility, and one player in particular had some interesting lines. This player check raised twice that I saw as the PFA. One time they probably didn't win much more, but on another hand they got a pretty good amount without showing down. Going to keep an eye on that one as I am exploring new lines. A couple of my bigger pots were in situations that would make 2P2 cringe as I went into check call mode with pretty strong hands in some spots. Overall I think it will be good. People just aren't calling down for big pots with 1 pair anymore, so its time to think of ways to get that medium pot on a more consistent basis, and frankly betting isn't going to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment