Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another milestone day!

Last night was an EPIC run good session. I decided to play 10NL rush as I just wanted to have some fun and not worry to much. The session started out well. I opened AQ in EP, and the board came down J89. It was a pretty dry board overall and I was OOP, so I decided I was going to double barrel as long as the turn wasn't a J, 9, or T, and bluff catch if I hit an A or Q. It came down as a 5 and I fired the second bullet. Another call and I was pretty much done with the hand, but the river was an A. At this point I decide to bluff catch the river, as what hand that I beat is really going to call 3 barrels? So I check and the villan fires pot. I tanked, but decided to go with the plan, and was rewarded when the villan showed K9.

Thats kind of how the session went. My plans worked out to either limit losses or maximize wins. There is only 1 fold I wasn't sure of, but when the PFA fired a bullet and I called with TPTK, and we were both check raised, I am OK folding TPTK. If they were bluffing, good game them. I wound up putting in a 1,400 hand session winning at 20pt/bb100 - yeah, you read that right! I finished the session up 6 buy ins, so I am now a winning 10NL rush player officially! For a total of up 3 buy ins and a win rate of just under 1ptbb/100. Considering the massive pile of crap I had in my first few sessions, I am OK with that.

Anyway, now that I am posotive in 10NL, I am going to stick to primarily 25NL, except when inebriated or holding Dom. It's time for me to put my big boy pants. I also decided that instead of following my standard win 20 buy ins before moving up, I am going to go with up 10 and take shots. Once I hit that mark, I will take shots with the loose a buy in, drop down and win 3 more. One of the things I just figured out about rush last night (yeah, I'm a bit slow at times) is that as long as you are willing to drop down, I really don't need to follow such strict bank roll requirements. It made sense playing 20 tables as you needed those buy ins to even be able to play the tables. But with rush you just don't need that much money to play.

The other milestone last night. My bank roll just hit 4 digits.

No comments:

Post a Comment