Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend update

Well, it was a pretty good weekend for me. I decided that since my HUD is only working on 1 table of rush, to go back and play regular tables instead. It was like a breath of fresh air. After playing Rush for the last 2 months, all the action at regular tables was almost amazing. At first I was still playing to tight post flop, and then I over adjusted and was calling down a little to light. Part of that just bad play because I was up and knew I could get it back anyway, so why the fuck not? But whatever. I wound up playing 2 sessions and around 1300 hands, and won just under 3 buy ins. Between variance and my bad calls it should have been a little over 4 though. Still, it just felt so much easier than it used to. And it was fun to run 15/17 instead of 10/13. Definately gives me confidence for when I start taking shots at 50NL.

For those of you who don't play both, just to give you an idea, it usually takes 750 hands to get 100FPP's per day at rush tables. At the normal tables it took 650 hands to get the same number of point. That's about 13% more FPP per hand.

I also found my new favorite player EVER! I wound up sitting at a table with someone who was playing 91/50/22.5% 3 bet. If this person put money in the pot pre-flop, then they would call any raise no matter how big. The first hand I say he called a 3 bet squeeze shove from a 40BB stack (they both had about 40BB's at this point) with T9o. I saw this and promplty took a not. A couple of hands later he opens and I have AKs, so I shove and he calls with 54s. He rivers me, but I am counting the money at this point. Unfortunatly I only get one hand to play against him (which I won) before I quit for the day, but it was still fun as hell. But what really amazed me is how the rest of the table adapted to him. People were raise folding to him pre-flop, calling 8x opens and pot sized C-bets, only to fold on the turn. Calling down 3 streets with TPGK. It was just killing me watching these people. When I left he was up to almost 3 buy ins on the table - and I was up on him by about $5.

And finally, after this weekend I am holding out hope that I can turn this month around and make my goal of $400 profit this month. That would be amazing to me after my crappy start.

No comments:

Post a Comment