Friday, July 23, 2010

Warning: Bitch fest

The last couple of days have been really frustrating. Of my 10 biggest hands over the last 2 days, I have won 2. 1 was a misclick that I meant to fold, one was a lost coin flip, and 1 was JJ vs. AA of a shorty. The other 6 were suck outs. 1 was a 3 outer that allowed the villan to get paid (he had 12 outs, but I was only paying off 3 of them). On the plus side, I lost less than 2 buy ins over this stretch, so I am pretty happy about that. I am still not sure if I am happy that Mpethy crushed my EV theory. It's really annoying to know that I am so far below equity for such a long time. But I am a strong believer in probabilities, so I believe that at some point everything will balance out, so the higher I can get when it does balance out, the better for me. Knowing others have gone through worse doesn't really help though. It's more a patience thing than it is a confidence or money thing. I already know I can beat 25NL for a decent win rate, but due to me being below EV, I am still grinding 25NL. I feel like I am chomping at the bit to move up.

Whine fest over.

1 comment: