Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's good, it's good, it's gone

Last night was an interesting session. I start of winning a big pot with AK vs. AQ on an A high 3 way flop. I then loose with JJ vs. QQ against a shortie. Then I see an opener and 2 callers with AT on the flop, so I decide to squeeze and get 3 callers! A set gets paid off and I loose another JJ vs. QQ against a 40BB stack. And this is the first 50 hands of my session!

At this point I am up a decent amount and thinking this is going to be a very interesting session. Then I went card dead/missed everything, and the action dried up. I dropped down a buy in and was generally getting frustrated as hell. At this point the rum kicked in a bit, and I decided I was going to look for marginal spots in position and fuck with people. It worked out pretty well, and I wound up only loosing $7. It was pretty fun. Might have to start doing that some more.

I have to say, if this is what 50NL is like, I can really understand why so many players have a hard time. People are so tight that you really want to make plays, but at the same time if you make one big mistake it can take forever to get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment