Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just another day

Well, last night was a roller coaser ride. Started out loosing a flip for half a stack. Then I got limp reraised while holding AQ. The limper was a half stacker limping the button behind to an EP limper. I shoved and got snapped off by KK. I also got set under set, but I was able to lose the minimum there. An aggro player checked back a AQ7 flop and then called a pot sized lead on a turn 2 (I had 22). Alarm bells were going off like crazy, so I just flatted. The BB poted the river, and amazingly the overly aggro player flats. Now I am all sorts of confused. The turn really made me think set, but if they have a set, why are they just flatting here? Still don't know the answer to that one, but I only lost half a stack, so no worries. I paid off another set in a wierd 3 bet pot, but only lost 1/3 of a stack there. It's actually kind of funny to me. In general these sets were played horribly, as the villans are leaving a lot of money on the table against most villans. But against me they both actually got the maximum because of their strange lines.

Anyway, despite all that I still wound up winning a little over half a buy in. After playing rush for so long playing 25NL is so relaxing. There is no way I could have had a winning session at rush with all of those cooler situations. And I am starting to get some notes and tags on regs and fishies, so table selection should be getting easier. And I really don't understand why people don't like the new FT table selection tool. I think it's amazing. Find a table with 3 less than full stacks, sit down. I don't have much of a hand sample, but adding in notes and color codes should make it even easier.

After I finished up my points for the day, I decided to give PLO a shot. I had never really played PLO, instead going for PLO8. Wound up winning a buy in (2NL - so no biggie), but it was a ton of fun. It really felt odd to only have 4 tables going and to be able to pay attention to everything.

1 comment:

  1. The limp button is very suspect - would be for me too - but I've found that most of the time, a limp -> raise from any position is AA, KK.

    ReplyDelete