Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back in Black!

Well, its official. I am back in posotive. Well, I was actually in the posotive after Sunday, but due to a bug in HEM, it didn't show as posotive until today. Still, it feels very good to have come back from such a big down swing. I am still down at 25NL rush, but not by much and I have had 8 solid sessions in a row now.

Last nights session basically boiled down to 2 hands. The first one was a suck out by me against a short stack. I had 66 on an 478 flop and the shorty open shoved for about $8. It didn't make sense to me, so I called. Oops. Turned over Q8. Binked a 6 though, so it worked out well for me. I was really disappointed in myself though. I have been doing really well at looking at odd lines and folding in situations like this, and this is a reminder why. Still, nice to get paid and learn a lesson, or at least be reminded.

The second hand was very strange. I think there were about 5 fish at the table and they were all looking to donate chips. There were 3 limpers to me in MP2 (I know - 3 limpers in a rush game and I'm not in the blinds?), so I look down and see AKo. Hit the pot button. The button and Big Blind both call and I am thinking this is giong to be a 6 way hand with those kind of odds out there, but then the first two limpers fold and the third limper pots it back at me. This player is sitting on about 90BB, but his line just makes no sense to me. I mean how can you have a big hand as the THIRD limper? I'm not worried about the players left to act, as I can't see either of them having a big hand. So, I look at all that dead money and shove. The villan called and I assumed he would have a low/mid pair and we would be racing. Nah. AJs. AND I HOLD!

Other than that, I tried out some 6 max rush last night. I played ok even though I wound up loosing 60BB. I was suprised just how retardedly people play 6 max. I had no fold equity what so ever. The play was just hideous all around. So much dead money out there. The only down side is that you HAVE to have a hand there. I know people say 6 max and FR are pretty much the same, but that's not even close to true. Players have a completly different mind set, and it is the dynamics created by the mix of players that creates the play, not the positions and cards. Still, it was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment