Monday, July 12, 2010

9 steps forward. 1 step back

Friday and Saturday were the worst back to back poker days of my career. Let me first start by saying my play wasn't stellar by any means. I don't think there was any way I could have come out of those sessions as a winner, but I didn't have to lose as much as I did. Friday I dropped 4 buy ins, and Saturday I dropped 5. The problem is that both days I lost every big pot I played. Didn't matter if I was aheador behind, the villan got my money. At one point I 5 bet shoved on a LAG/AGGRO tard in a SB/BTN war with KK and said they have AA. Sure enough. Anyway, I have a 10 buy in stop loss (yeah, I know thats a HUGE stop loss, but I have the bankroll for it, and the extra rakeback/iron man points were worth the risk) and by Sunday I was actually afraid I might hit it. The last thing I want to have to do is grind out another 5010NL buy ins to take another shot. I had some problems with my desktop, so I had to play on my laptop, which litterally had 0 HH to work with, so I wound up playing pretty weak tight over all, but I wound up winning a little over a buy in. I pretty much avoided all marginal spots, played 1 table, and took really good notes. Honestly, at that point I really couldn't take another losing session without dropping down.

Overall, I am down 6 buy ins, so I still have 4 to work with. I'm hoping that I can get back to even this week. It's a pretty hard thing for my ego right now, but if I plan on moving up and being a pro, I am going to have to get used to these swings.

No comments:

Post a Comment