Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend update

It was a pretty rough weekend. I was sick friday and Saturday, so between that and family, I felt like ground beef. I did manage to get my sessions in to get Iron Man status this month, so that was good. Friday didn't go so well. I wound up down a small amount, but I really only feel bad about 1 hand (I bluffed $2 instead of $1.4). Saturday was really good. I won 2 and a half buy ins and played REALLY well. There were a couple of spots where I could have gotten away from hands or value bet a little more, but no complaints. Yesterday I won 3/4 of a buy in. Should have been more, but my stationy tendancies were a bit to strong. Overall things are going well at 10NL rush now. So much so that I decided to see how I was doing overall. Ugh. Still down 8 buy ins, which is pretty attrocious considering I am on a 7 buy in up swing. As long as I keep up the steady pace, I am going to start playing 25NL rush next Thursday, and use 10NL for weekdays and days that I am playing just to get some hands in. This is a pretty large divergance from my poker philosophy, as I have always been a pretty big stickler for winning 20 Buy ins before moving up. But I have a lot of experience playing 25NL and I have been playing very solid since I toned my game down. I will keep playing 10NL at least until I get back to even, just because it will gnaw at me to be a looser overall there.

As for my actual game, it feels really wierd. Taking the philosophy that $ per hour is more important than BB, I have gone back to playing a 15/11 style. There is a larger than average gap between the VPIP/PFR as I prefer post flop play and because I am looking for situations to flat with my bigger hands. 3 bets get way to much respect, so I just feel like crap when I three bet my AA and see a bunch of folds. I did actaully get some one to stack off pre with QQ. My 3 betting has improved greatly though. I never thought I would be one of those chodes 3 betting crap hands, but now that I have started looking for good spots to squeeze/3 bet light, I just can't pass up on good opportunities. I do think when I move up to 25NL I will add a squeeze stat though. It might set up some good spots to back raise.

And finally, I started messing around with Omaha Hi last night. Only played 100 hands (which is a decent amount only running 4 tables) of 2OHI, and won a buy in and a half. I don't know if I'll ever have time to really grind up the stakes, but I kind of want to. OHI hits a lot of my strengths, but also has much higher sustainable win rates and from what I have heard the player pool skill level hasn't increased anywhere near the amount of NL. I really get that, because to be good at OHI not only do you have to be able to adapt to your villans, you really have to understand your hands strength against the villans range and be able to fold pretty strong made hands while raising good draws. Not saying I am anything but a OHI fish, but nothing wrong with adding another game to your arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment