Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dropping the suck out on the FISHIES!

When I got home last night I spent an hour and a half digging a pit (I am building a sand pit for a jungle gym for the kids) by the time I finally got around to playing poker to stay on track for Iron Man I was exahsted. I knew it was going to be a long session when I threw away 30BB with QQ in a 3 bet pot. I don't mind calling the shorties shove, but I was upset at myself for falling for the pre-flop raisors trap. A little later I got set under set, and my session was looking like another toilet bowl session. Then an amazing thing happened. First, I played the hand like crap. I got my KK 3 bet by a shortie and that was flatted by a 70BB stack. As soon as I 3x'd the 3 bet I knew I made a mistake. I should have adjusted my raise size so I could shove over the cold caller, but I didn't. So the flop comes J high, and of course the 70BB stack has JJ. Shorty of course has AA. And the turn is a beautiful K. It always feels good to suck out on the fishies!

Anyway, after that the session went well. I wound up winning a buy in and shutting it down. It felt pretty good knowing that even with my C game I can still grind out a break even session (which is what it would have been if I hadn't sucked out) even with a stack sized cooler in a 500 hand session. I have to say it does feel wierd to play an ABC game again. I finally got around to taking the HH to work, so hopefully I will have notes next week (ya know, when I plan to be playing 25NL - Yeah, I make a lot of sense).

No comments:

Post a Comment