Monday, June 14, 2010

Blah

So, I spent the weekend playing rush again. Well, spent the weekend is pretty strong. I played a little bit when I had time. And I did well until last night, but I will be trying to get away from it. In order to make money you need to steal and take pots away. Getting post flop value for me is very difficult when I actually have a hand. I have started 3 betting light in a bunch of different situations and it has worked well. I have started trying to take pots away (with varied results, but overall it has been posotive). The problem is that I am somewhat of a showdown monkey and when you make a mistake for a stack, it takes forever to get that buy in back. When you make a few call downs like I did last night, you can loose days worth of work. I swear to god you see more damn sets and random straights, and really its my own damn fault. If someone is trying to build a big pot, they have a freaking set or better pretty much every single time. And I know this. The problem is that I am doing so much shady crap taking pots away that I convince myself everyone else is to (helpful hint: their not). Its all the more frustrating because I don't think it plays to my particular skill set very well, but 90% of the time its rush or nothing, which is frustrating in and of itself. So, after last nights debacle, I am down 2 buy ins playing 10NL rush. Although I checked the sessions tab before I started last night, and I was 6 buy ins below EV (and I am probably 8 below now) so I know its profitable. And, honestly if I would have folded when I thought I was behind last night, I would have had a winning sessions. So, I can blame variance as much as I want, but the truth is its my own damn fault for not following my instincts. Whine over.

No comments:

Post a Comment