Thursday, June 24, 2010

Randomness

So, I think I had my first reader, but who knows? Kinda feel like Happy Harry Hard On, talking into the black, hopeing for another letter from the Eat Me Beat Me lady. And if you get that reference, I have two pieces of news for you. 1) your old. 2) you watch way to much TV.

Not much happened in the way of poker last night. I was tired as hell cause my boy is sick and my fiance is overly worried. We took shifts watching him last night. Nothing really wrong with him. He has a cold and is congested and cranky, but thats gonna happen. I ran some 5NL rush last night just to get points toward Iron man. There were 2 interesting hands. In one I got paid off with flopped quads (Yeah, I can feel your jelousy) and the other one was caused by the poker academy Ferguson challenge. So, I min raised AA in EP (Yeah, thats freaking brilliant)and get 5 callers. Yea, just what you want with AA, a 6 way pot and your OOP on all but one. I was praying for a squeeze, but no luck. So naturally I flop top set on a semi wet board. I lead out for 2/3 pot, and 5 folds. So maybe it wasn't that interesting, but whatever.

As for the actual session, I ran 4 tables tiled. It was the first time I did more than 2, as I was really just trying to get volum in so I could go to bed. My stats dropped down to 15/11, but I had a pretty damn good win rate - just over 12ptBB/100. I was even more impressed as I only had 2 hands where I made more than 40BB - the quads hand and another hand with a set. That hand kinda freaked me out. I usually close a table once I get 150BB deep, but in that particular hand I was 300BB deep with an aggro player and 280BB deep with a station. I floped bottom set with 44, and the aggro villan slightly overbets the pot. Station calls, and I call. The turn really made me nervous though, as the aggro villan lead for pot again and the station called on a J high board with a few straight possabilities. Now I am getting all sorts of nervous. The river comes and the aggro villan fires 2/3 pot. The station folds, and I flat. I thought about raising, but if I did I don't think I could fold to a raise, but we still had just over 200BB behind. Anyway, villan had TPTK, and I wound up winning a nice sized pot. I am going to have to make sure I don't get that deep again though. I am just not comfortable playing that deep.

I finally finished the rush video after that, and the instructor talked about how he would pass up small edges that might come up (for instance, he quick folded 56o on the button)to look for bigger edges instead of waisting time waiting. His thinking is that he didn't care about bb/100 as much as he cared about $ per hour. Sometimes people say something so blatently obvious that you feel like a tard after reading it. Yeah, hubris wants to have the best win rate of anyone ever, but who really gives a crap? I'm a greedy bastard. Screw the glory and fame, PAY ME! Who knows if it will work or not, but it is yet another philisophical change to my approach to rush. Anyway, I think I am going try this new approach at 10NL tonight, but stacking 4 tables instead of tiling. See how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment