Monday, January 3, 2011

New year - New goals

Well, it's a new year. My end of the year didn't go so well. Took a big whot at 50 and got crushed. I really don't feel to bad about losing as it was cooler situation after cooler. I did learn a lot in those sessions, so it wasn't a total waste.
I was really hoping to get it to stick, as last month was my best shot at getting into 50NL.

So, for the foreseable future, I will be going for 1K in profits before I take a shot at 50NL. The bad news is that I have never made more than $700 in a month. The good news is I would have the last 2 months if I hadn't taken shots at 50. The other good news is that I am already over 20% of the way to my goal after having the best session of my life. I'm fairly confident that I will make my goal for the month as of right now.

I have also been experimenting with turbo table scanner(?). It's a great program that tracks fish. So far it has been amazing. It is great to start a session with 1 or two fish on each table and knowing I will only have to switch out 1 or two tables after I get started. Starting tables is still better, but now when I start up a session I have 8-9 good tables instead of 6-7. It's also nice to have a freind list and a whale list.

This new software has also gotten me back into 6 max. I have almost no database, but the ability to track fish at 6 max is just to juicy to pass up. In the past I have always hated how difficult it is to keep good tables up. Fish go broke and suddenly that juicy table is meh. Then your off to search again. But with the fish tracking tool finding good tables is suddenly easy. So I have been putting in some 5NL at the end of my FR sessions. I'm going to go for 10 buy ins at 5 and 10NL. Hoping to get to 25 by the end of the month (already up 7 at 5NL). So far I have done OK. I'm still overvaluing hands in certain situations (lost 2 buy ins in situations where I should have lost a third of a buy in instead) due to the aggression levels, which still seem retardedly high to me. But the higher win rate posabilities and better rewards are worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment