Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Update

Well, this was an intersting weekend. I got in a ton of poker, but each session was a trail. Friday and Sunday I started down two buy ins. Saturday I started down almost 4 buy ins. NOT how you want to be started sessions. But I ground out each of them, pulling a 3 buy in winning session on Friday, and just under a buy in on the other two days. Last night was particularly interesting as I lost 4 buy ins at PL (which is usually my better game) and won 5 at NL. I was pretty disappointed overall though. I really felt getting so many hands in at such prime time I would be able to get at least one 4 buy in session and really crank up this month. Sadly, it didn't happen.

On the plus side, I am still ahead of pace for a 1K month in winnings (not including bonus money!)

On the theory side, I think I have swung a bit to far into the large value bet realm. Part of this is probably results oriented thinking from running into 2 rivered 2 pairs/straight type things, but I think my river bets have been getting on the large side. Ah, the adjustments of a poker life.

3 comments:

  1. dang, i know what you mean with starting sessions bad....had the same thing this weekend, sick when every draw gets there especially when you get it in on flop. Oh prime time sessions!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GL on the felt man..!!

    Whats your VPP target for 2011?

    Rosh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm playing at tilt, so no VPP target. Still working on black card right now!

    ReplyDelete