Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blah Blah

Well, last night was BIG PIMPIN! 3200 hands and I won 10bb's! TBH, I think I made a couple of bad river calls, but overall I felt like I was playing decent. Just never got much going. Still, so far this month I have been able to keep my bad sessions as small winners instead of 1-2 buy in losers, which has a LOT to do with why this month is looking so good.

It was also an odd day. I had a reg who had dropped down from higher limits start chatting with me. Basically told me to move up as I was wasting my time at 25. It was a nice confidence boost. It's been really interesting these last couple of months as there seem to be a lot more regs who respect my thought process/giving me encouragement to move up.

And on that note, I have decided to get staked for 50NL. I'm not going into the details of the arrangement, but I will go into the thought process for taking it.

At this point, I won't be able to take shots at 50 unless I have an amazing month. While it certainly looks possible this month (I am over 60% toward my monthly goal already!), one bad day could mean no shot this month. And as far as I can see that is how it will be for the forseable future. I am not in a situation where I can risk loosing a 50NL buy in or two taking shots. That's where the backing comes in. I have worked it out where under 50 is on my roll so that I can still maintain my income. This way I can take a shot at 50 and not have to worry about losing. If I can get it to stick (and I don't see any reason why I can't) then I increase my income. If I don't, then I don't hurt me or my family. So, I consider it an opportunity cost. I will probably lose a little bit in overall earnings due to the lower win rate at 50NL, in the long run it will help me by improving my game and by letting me get established at a higher limit.

The hidden benefits are also that it will make it easier to get my iron man bonus. It will make it possible for me to finally get my black card - which will open up cash bonuses and increase my bonus money. Plus some free coaching will definately be welcome! It will hopefully also establish a relationship that I can use later when I am ready for 100NL.

Oh, and as I will be playing 2 limits instead of 1, it should be much easier to keep up a full set of decent tables. The only real down side is that I probably won't be starting as many tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment