Friday, January 28, 2011

Winding down the month

Well, I offically hate flush draws. The last 7 times I have gottin it in on the turn vs. a flush draw, guess what the river is? Fortunately all of these have been against shorter stacks, but I am getting sick of seeing it. On the other hand, I got paid off with quads, so it's not all bad.

Actually, this is turning out to be a really good month despite a lull last week. I am up 850ish in winnings (minus 125 to my stakers), so a 1K winning month is still a possability. Not likely with all I have going on this weekend, but that's all good.

I am also getting more and more comfortable with 50, up 5 buy ins this month and running really steady despite limited hands. I am actually running better at 50 than I am at 25. Better table selection has a lot to do with that.

Anyway, not much else going on. I have gotten a couple of invites to Vegas for June. It was really flattering. Still getting used to the idea that good players respect my game. One of the biggest downfalls of never getting into coaching/sweating/finding better poker players to associate with is that I have a somewhat distorted perception of players at my level. I have pulled so much money out of 25 at this point and I forget that this is not the norm. Most make the money and take shots, get more experience and move up. I probably have one of the longer sustained stretches of 25NL goodness. And really, most of it was just good. It's really only been the last 100Kish hands that I have been sick good.

Now if I can just figure out how to start out a session up instead of digging myself a hole...

No comments:

Post a Comment