Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blah day, but realizations are more imporatant than 1 session

Well, my week started out like crap last night as I lost 5 stacks in 500 hands where villans hit draws in rediculous spots (capped by 68 calling a 3 bet OOP and hitting a straight on the river), but I was pretty happy with the session overall only being down 2 buy ins. I did wind up having to play rush poker (which I pretty much hate now and accounted for 4 of the suck outs) becuase my son didn't want to go to sleep and I was under a time crunch to get hands in for Iron Man. Just more reinforcement that I hate rush.

On another note, I had another moment of clarity. It took me a while to figure out that splitting levels means I have twice the number of juicy tables to choose from (which means table selection is much easier - which is especially important as I almost never get to play in prime times). But what about 6 max? One of the reasons I don't play much is that you have to rotate tables constantly to keep fish, and you have to pay close attention due to the wide ranges. But I do know of a place to get one or two tables that are 100% fish and stay that way (at 5NL). So I am going to be adding those into my standard table sets. Hopefully as I improve I can start adding 10 and 25NL as well. I will be using a pretty aggressive BRM with this (10 buy ins before adding the next level) and see how that goes.

Also, I finally did a villan review session with Nino last night. Let me just say wow. I have been doing it wrong. Took about an hour to go over a 50 reg. But now I know his game inside and out. His 3 bet ranges, open ranges, how he plays sets, flush draws - everything. What amazed me the most was just how exploitable this winning 50NL player is. I can't imagine not being able to soul crush him now. Very excited to start doing reviews on more of the players I see regularly and figuring out how to abuse them.

No comments:

Post a Comment