Thursday, January 6, 2011

Improvement and other fun things

Well, so far this month is going pretty smooth. I had one bad session where I played really poorly, costing myself a buy in with a couple of bad calls and generally not value betting well, but otherwise I am improving greatly. The coaching sessions are really paying off. It's not that I've really opened up my range, but I am getting so much more value in so many spots. A funny aspect to this is that while my overall variance has gone down, my short term swings are much greater. I have experienced several 4-5 buy in up swings and a few 2-4 buy in down swings already this month, with less than 5K hands in at 25NL. I still have a relatively low variance style compaired to many regs, but I'm am starting to see why so many regs are used to much bigger swings than I am used to.

Anyway, not much has changed in the last week. I am 1/4 of the way to my goal for the month already just from winnings. Hoping I can keep up the pace and be able to take another shot or two at 50 this month. At this point it has become a moral imperative that I get solidified in 50.

1 comment:

  1. GL man!!! yeah if you need any help with your game at 50nl, let me know...I've been playing 50nl all of last year with too many shots at 100nl that went sour. Hopefully this will be my 100nl year.

    ReplyDelete