Monday, January 31, 2011

Monlthly wrap up

Well, this was definately my best month ever, although I am still not overly happy with it. I started out like gang busters, well on pace for 1K in winnings, but alas the poker gods deemed it should not be so. Still, up to 800 in winnings (100 of that going to stakers), plus 200 in rakeback and 100 in iron man, plus how ever much I made off of my volume prop bets and other bonus money, means I will clear my first 4 digit month ever.

I also have around 7500 hands at 50NL with a 3BB win rate, which was every bit as important to me as making 1K. I'm still really picky about the tables I play on and a bit gun shy do to my rough patches there, plus it still feels like a crap load of money when I bluff off half a stack, but I getting there. Really glad I have spent over a year training myself to always think in terms of Big Blinds instead of actual money. It makes moving up a little less intimidating.

Also, I have improved upon my table selection methods. I went from yellow for all fish to pink for the mega fishies. Might sound trivial, but it keeps me from popping onto a table with only 1 fish to find out that fish is 21/11. I'm fine with that fish, but certainly not worth my time if I can get on a table with a 40ish and two 20ish's. Plus I am no longer dropping that 15% VPIP table with 7 nits and 1 whale. LOVE those tables.

I am hoping for a better February. Really wanting to increase my 50 volume. I'm starting to feel comfortable enough to want to play 50 on my own bank roll. Really liking the effect it has on my RB and on my Iron Man bonuses. Just so much easier to get those goals.

Also getting more involved in villan reviews. It's really starting to amaze me just how face up regs play. I mean I know I'm not reviewing studs here, but DAMN. Makes me feel a whole lot better about how often I fold overpairs/TPTK type hands. Only have 5 done so far, but of the 5 the only time I have seen one play a big pot with sub standard hands, and that player likes to flat 3 bets with QQ and check shove on low flops. Really helps get rid of that feeling of being run over.

So, for next month I would like to get 20K hands in at 50 and have poker winnings of 1K. Do a villan review each day, and get some solid coaching in. Hopefully I will get solidified at 50NL and finally run my Micro well.

No comments:

Post a Comment