Thursday, February 3, 2011

WEEEE

Well, I am off to a very nice start to the month. Not as killer as last month, but still up 180 in 2 days is a nice feeling. I have been using volume as my determinant on when to stip instead of how I am feeling as I am going to have a tough time getting in 50K hands during a short month. Basically I have to play 2K hands for 25 out of 28 days. I know I can't keep up the current pace, but I am definately having high hopes that I can improve upon last month. I am just getting so much more comfortable at the tables, and so much better at table selection/post flop play. I know another doomswitch session is coming around the corner, but I honestly think that my "doom" sessions are going to be much much less of a problem than they were last year. First, my win rate has improved. Second, table selection has improved. Last month I had 2 of them, but unlike all previous months, my best 3 sessions were all better than my worst 2. In the past my worst sessions were always bigger than my biggest winning sessions. A lot of this had to do with me quitting once I had won 2-4 buy ins instead of grinding it out. I have always know it was better to continue to play while winning that it is to continue to play while losing, but for me the latter was easier to accomplish as I hate having losing sessions. My volume prop bets have definately helped with this.

I have been working pretty diligently to do villan reviews lately. Well, last night I did a review on a pretty bad reg (-5bb loser over 22K hands) with a 5% "value" 3 bet range. And wow was it bad. Just massively overvalued TT/JJ/AK/AQ. It was pretty interesting though to see a depolorized range at work. He had a bunch of other issues that contributed to his losing, but I do have to give him some credit. He is the only 50NL villan I have seen with a balanced range. If he ever figures out bet sizing, board texture and proper value ranges, he could be dangerous. It was also pretty amusing to see him win 3 bet pots with K high. I swear I need to spend some extra time getting my 3 bet percent up to 4ish just to get regs to spaz with crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment