Friday, August 20, 2010

Soul Crushed

Well, I finally got around to trying out the Tilt shallow tables last night. Holy Fish farm Batman! The tables were so rediculously soft. There wasn't a single reg with a 3 bet percent over 2 (well, outside of me that is) and I haven't seen tables this fishy since 5NL. I think the reason is the small number of tables (only 6 last night and 2 cap tables). There just aren't enough tables for regs to want to play them.

This should give you an example of how soft the tables were. Of my AA/KK hands, I ran into 3 sets heads up, two flopped flushes when I had a redraw, and 2 straights, I tilted off a buy in and a half at the end of my session, and even with all that (and much worse) I still finished the session up half a buy in!

Which brings me to the whine portion of the post. I have been trying to explain to my fiance just how bad I have been running over these last 50K hands. At this point, I would have to win 20 some odd coin flips IN A ROW just to get to even. Since my review with Mpethy I have been 4 buy ins below EV. Mind you, this is a trend for 18 months now, although I don't have the stats (nor do I want to see them) for the first 16 months. At this point I actually expect to run below EV just about every session. While I don't expect the villans to hit more than they should, I pretty much know that I will miss every draw when I get it in behind. And you know what? If I could be playing right now, I would. I still love the game of poker. I still think I can be a pro. The frustration is massive, but maybe I am just a masochist.

No comments:

Post a Comment