Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Small session

I played a short session last night of around 600 hands. I actually played pretty tight for me, running 12/10 with a 4% 3 bet. I never played a big pot, made a couple of small bluffs in spots against TAG's who C-bet to much, and overall had a solid session. I wound up winning a little over a buy in and was never in a bad spot. The only bad stat was my river call efficiency, which was 0. On the other hand, I only made 1 river call, and that was a stupid call. I don't mind the turn call, but the river call was just bad.

I am still looking for ways to increase my 3 bet percentage. I need to increase my resteal amounts, but with my table selection 3 betting for value is often bad. Still, I have doubled the amount I 3 bet over the last couple of months, so that's been good.

The one thing I did try last night was increasing my steal to 4x most of the time (I used 3x or even MR'd in a few situations where I wanted a call or to induce a 3 bet) and my success rate was almost 90%! First off, the increase win rate was awsome. But this also covers one of my weaknesses. Stealing 30% isn't all that great if you don't C-bet enough. And frankly, I don't, especially in steal situations. So, all of the sudden I am taking down the pot Pre-flop a lot more and avoiding one of my leaks. If this continues to work anywhere close to as well as it did last night, I will be a happy man!

No comments:

Post a Comment