Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Loving August

Well, last night was a pretty ho hum session. By the time I got to poker at 10 I was tired, hungry, and really just wanted to get my points in, get some dinner and go to bed. My game really reflected it. I wasn't as aggressive in some spots and I didn't make a move all night. Just straight forward poker. Still, I continue my rungood for the month and finished up a buy in. I made some really good calls against mid stacks that I never would have considered when playing rush. Just felt good snapping people off. I must say, as much as I love the rush format, I think it is a huge disadvantage to those with decent tabel selection skills. As much as I had intended to stay familiar with Rush, I don't know if I will actually do it now. My win rate is just so much better at regular tables.

I did have one really fun hand last night. There were 2 limpers to me in the SB, and I had 87o. Not a hand I normally play OOP without initiative (and definately not a hand I iso with), but I was more than happy to complete with it and play against 2 fishies. The BB (also a fish) decides to raise it up to 3BB. Yeah, he got 3 callers. The flop? 773. So I check to see what happens, and the BB C-bets, 2 folds. I raise it up smallish. Get called. Turn is a 6. I decide to check again, because going pot pot won't get stacks in and I think checking will induce a bet from a LARGE portion of the villans range. Yup, I got the double check raise in! Sadly, the villan folded on the river for a half pot bet, but it was still one of the most amusing hands I have ever played.

Well, I am off for the day, but here's hoping I haven't hit the doomswitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment