Thursday, August 26, 2010

Finally some run good!

Well, the last couple of days have been pretty good for me. I know from my posts it probably sounds like I always run bad, but you have to recognize the run good to or go insane.

Yesterday was an meh session as far as my actaul winnings go, but a really good moral boost. It started out pretty solid as I was up a buy in and a half on a couple of really good river calls, but then it went down hill. I wound up paying off 3 sets. I could have gotten away from 2 of them, but I didn't, and Bam, down 2 buy ins. This put my in full blown FU mode, but not the tilt monkey pay off version. I wound up really tightening it down and finished the session up half a buy in. It felt like a major victory coming out a winner when you get stacked 3 times in 1000 hands and still come out up, especially when you don't stack anyone.

Last night, however, was a dream. I played out of my mind good in value town. I did spew some in calling some bets (I finished the session with a went to show down of 28%), but I was getting so much value with my winners it didn't matter. I'm not talking about big pots, I don't think I won more than half a stack in any one hand, but I'm talking about getting 8 or 10BB's when an aggro player limps pre-flop and you hit a K with your K2 in the BB or getting 3 bets out of TT against a tag BVB. I wound up winning 3 and a half buy ins, and I know it could have been better! I am still working on the whole 3 betting thing, both reacting to it and using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment