Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend update and a life change

Well, this weekend was amazing. Well, actually, Saturday was amazing. Friday was an averages $50 day. But Saturday was my winningest day ever. I won $230 and binked 11th in a 750 man tourney (and was disappointed) for another $120. The best/worst part for the day was the beginning. I started out horridly. Lost the first 7 hands I played (including 2 all ins against short stacks at $100) and was down 60 in the first 10 minutes. Then I got KK. My coach/staker Martin opened and I 3 balled it. He 4 bet and I flated, and we got all in on a JTT flop. I honestly expected to see AA, but he showed up with QQ. Still not sure how I feel about it. Martin and Gadol were saying that AK/QQ+ is an auto stack off against anyone. A part of me still thinks that Martin should have folded though. Especially on that board, the only hand he beats is AK, which I am never playing that way in that spot. I can't say that I feel bad taking his money, but I do wish I had taken it from someone else. It was such an amazing day I took the night off and got the kids some ice cream and watched movies all night. And I have wierd kids, because they love them some Coraline now!

Which brings us to the life change. In a couple of weeks, I will be taking my shot as a poker pro. It's earlier than I was planning on, but I have the results and everything else in my life has set up perfectly for me to go for it now. At first I was terrified, but the more I have thought about it, the more sense it makes. At this point I am honestly more excited than terrified. It's kind of like when your first taking a shot at a new level.

2 comments:

  1. hey man, GL GL with going pro!! i know you can do it

    wondering if you wanted to swap blog links:
    http://goldganesh.blogspot.com/

    Peace out dude

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goin pro, niceeee. I usually get a little jealous of other people's poker success, but in your case I genuinely hope you do very well. GL, gogogogogo

    ReplyDelete