Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Time out

Well, going to step out from poker for a moment (poker content to come later). I may be a little slow on the up take, but I just found out about time out. Great way to discipline your children. No more yelling. No more having your kid look at you and not hear a word you say. No more of them not caring about the punishment as soon as the tantrum ends. Just hey, you messed up, go stare at a wall for 5 minutes. Oh, you wanna cry and throw a tantrum, fine. Do it staring at the wall and your 5 minutes will start when you stop. Makes life so much easier, and my oldest absolutely hates it. I'm kinda worried that the 4 year old will think it's funny, but we'll deal with that when we get there.

Anyway, I had another good session last night. I actually played a little looser than I usually do, running 15/11 with a 5.5% 3 bet, as compaired to the 13/9/3 that I have run for the last month. I'm getting a lot more comfortable playing in 3 bet pots, although I did lose a stack with TPTK in a 3 bet pot that I should have let go on the flop, but it happens. It felt really good to follow up a really well played session with another well played session, outside of that one hand. At this point I am really really confident and ready to kick off this full time stuff. 48 hours to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment