Friday, March 4, 2011

Flyin high

Well, it has been an interesting couple of days for me. Last weekend I finally made the switch to primarily playing 50NL. My win rate has dropped a bit, but that's to be expected when you increase your volume. I'm still winning at a very nice rate, and it is possible that I will complete my staking deal by the end of this month, which is a couple of months earlier than I realistically thought would be possible when I originally signed up for the stake.

And for the exciting news of the moment. I took my first real shot at 100PL last night. It didn't start out to well as I had to fold to a couple of 3 bets, had to fold TPTK in a pretty decent pot, then checked back an overpair when the flush completed to lose a decent chunk to another fish. But then I 3 balled TT against an over the top aggro reg's iso with a cold caller 1/2 stack fish. I was prepaired to stack of TT (I know, the horror!) pre-flop, but the aggro reg folded and the fish stacked of Q4 on a 5455 board. Suddenly I was up a bit and feeling much better about the shot. Then I got AA another overly aggro reg 3 balled my EP open. I don't mind the 3 bet, although I think it was kind of stupid. If your willing to stack AK pre-flop on that table, I think it would be better to flat my open and backraise, but whatever. Anyway, I small 4 bet him, at which point a fold should have been his only option. But of course he decides that 5 betting (to 3 times my 4 bet) is a good idea, and suddenly his stack is mine.

Which means in my first 200 hands at 100, I was able to lose the minimum with TPTK and an overpair (which are just brutal situations when your taking a shot), and win 2 big pots because poker players are idiots! Yeah me!

Anyway, it was a very thrilling experience, and it puts me so much farther ahead of schedule. In December I was expecting to be taking another shot at 50 by the end of this month, and now I am established at 50 and taking shots at 100! I also should finally get my black card status by the end of this month, which will be a nice bump to my income each month. Anyway, as you can tell, I am excited. It's very surreal feeling a dream I have had for a couple of years all coming together in such a short time period. Of course, now the hard part is building up the huge bankroll and 6 months worth of living expenses, but considering how far I have come in 3 months, that seems like a pretty minor concern at the moment. Time consuming and tedious, yes, but still minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment