Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August Wrap

Well, after a long frustrating month, I actually wound up having a good month overall. I didn't quite meet my goals of $500 and a shot at 50, but no worries.

$230 in winnings.
$115 in rakeback.
$75 in iron man bonus.

$420, or around $8 an hour. I was $100 under EV, so I made my money goals with slansky bucks!

I looked over my sessions last night. I had two sessions where I lost $50, and one session where I lost $150 (and I was actually over EV!). That $150 is what really killed me. At the time I thought I was playing OK, but just looking at the raw numbers, I know I wasn't. I am thinking that from now on I will put in a 2 buy in stop loss next month, as this is two months in a row where 1 or 2 sessions have really killed my month. I mean, if you look at it, I am a winning player, so while I expect to have some outliers both high and low, the high's should be higher than the lows. Instead I have a 6 buy in loss as my worst session, and 2 3 and a half buy ins as my best. Time to put a reign in on that ego. So, for this month I will stop after dropping 2 buy ins and move down to finish up my iron man.

My goal for next month is to get the highest iron man level, win my 31K hand challenge, and make $500 in profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment