Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Roller Coaster

Well, I finally got around to doing a larger session last night. I was pretty tired going into the session, so I decided to nit it up and avoid marginal spots. I was very excited early, when I got paid off on sets twice in the first 50 hands and was up $40. All was going well, then I got top two cracked 4 ways, KK cracked by QT on the river, and ran TT into QQ against someone with a 100% 3 bet over 20 hands. Suddenly my really good start was a long, break even session. But alas, it seems that the poker gods were just messing with me. I wound up winning 3 and a half buy ins and doing a couple of really funny plays. First I got 3 bet by a nit tag holding AA. I decide to flat OOP because I want his stack and his hand is pretty well defined as a big pocket pair. The flop is a beautiful TT8, so I check min raise. I get called and the turn is a 7. I think about leading, but then I decide to check shove. Villan calls and turns up JJ, and I scoop a nice pot.

The other funny hand was AA again. There was a 48/30 with a small 3 bet %. I decide to go for a limp reraise as I was in EP and there were a few aggressive players behind me, but none with a big sample. As expected he iso raises me and I reraise him. He 4 bets me and I do a little jump of joy! I click it back and he flats. Flop is QJx and I put him all in. I was suprised when he showed up with KK, but was more than happy to take his stack.

As for the update, I have 5000 hands in and am up just over 5 buy ins. I'm still beihnd the pace I need, but not that far anymore. I'm feeling pretty confident about this month. I think I will win the prop bet, I got a $50 bonus from tilt that should cover the rakeback hit for my CR subscription, which should be a nice bit of padding to the bankroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment