Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Luck Boxing it

It felt good to be the one sucking out last night. I had a couple of major suck outs. One I flopped top pair, flush draw, and back door straight in a 4 way pot and an overly aggressive reg leads into me on a 4 way pot. I go ahead and raise to fold out the AK portion of his range, and have to call it off. He showed a set, but I binked the turn. Next I flopped a pair and FD on a mono board 3 handed against an overly aggressive half stacked fish. He goes for the XR for half his stack. Tables the flopped flush, but I bink the turn. I don't really mind either play as I just ran into the top of the villans ranges (although in the first hand the villans range might be only sets - not sure about that). It felt good to run hot.

Overall I was 3 buy ins over EV in 900 hands, and I booked another 4 buy in session. Still 7 buy ins under EV for the month though.

Also had a pretty funny happenning on 2P2 yesterday. Someone posted a hand I played pretty poorly. Kind of embarassed to see it. I don't hate the way I played it just because my value range in that spot was 6 combo's of AK, but the way he played it that is pretty much the only hand in his range.

Anyway, after going through a 12K tilt section of the month, I am back to my winning ways. I am altering the foundation of my post flop betting so everything seems new to me. I seem to be winning pots that are a little bit larger overall. I am seeing more folds, but I am also seeing less suck outs. Overall I think it will help my win rate, plus it gives me more options. I think it will also help me avoid FPS/trapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment